Public Comment Opportunity on BOE Pending Policies
The Thomaston-Upson Board of Education currently is undergoing a systematic review and revision of its policies under a project with the Georgia School Boards Association. To view and comment on the proposed policy revisions, please click the link below. "Pending Policies" are listed on the right side of the page. When you click on a policy, you will be taken to that policy page. At the bottom of each page, you will find a comment box. Please enter your comments and click the "Save" button on the bottom right side of the page. You will also have the choice to leave your name and email if you wish. Thank you in advance for your input and assistance! https://simbli.eboardsolutions.com/Index.aspx?S=36030945
Coronavirus Information for TU Stakeholders
What enhanced safety and sanitization efforts are currently in place for face-to-face instruction at TU Schools?
- Anyone entering a school building or boarding a school bus must have a temperature check. This includes all staff, students, visitors.
- Masks for staff and students are mandated during times when social distancing is not possible, such as class transitions, drop-off and pick-up, etc.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located in the classrooms and hallways.
- Classrooms, restrooms, buses, and high-touch areas are frequently cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Visitors into the schools are limited. Visitors who are allowed into the school must have a temperature check and wear a mask.
- Water fountains have been replaced by touchless water filling stations for filling student water bottles. (All students received a reusable, washable water bottle on the first day of school.)
Additional information is available at the Georgia Department of Public Health. Thank you for your support and for helping to keep our schools safe!
Welcome to Thomaston-Upson Schools
In 1990, the community voted to consolidate the Thomaston City and Upson County School Systems creating one system that would serve all students within Thomaston and Upson County. The Thomaston-Upson School System opened its doors at the beginning of the 1992-1993 school year. With a little more than 4,100 students in grades PK-12, the Thomaston-Upson School System is small enough to maintain a friendly and safe environment while offering students an array of resources and opportunities often found in only the larger school systems. The Thomaston-Upson School System enjoys a strong connection with the community and views this as crucial to the long-term success of our schools. We encourage students to form bonds with local individuals and groups through community service and community involvement. Our employees are active in local civic organizations and volunteer their time for community events. The unity of school and community enriches our students’ and employees’ lives, improves our schools’ environments, and ultimately creates a community where young people can thrive. Together, our schools and community are working to fulfill the mission of Thomaston-Upson Schools, which is Excellence in education. . .every individual, every day.
Mrs. Hall is 2020-21 District Teacher of the Year
Online Registration Option
During regular business hours, student registration may be completed at your child's school or you may choose to register your new student online using the Infinite Campus Online Registration tool. Please visit the Student Information page for a list of documents required for registration and for step-by-step instructions for completing student registration online. If you need assistance, please contact the student registration specialist at your child's school.