Welcome to Upson-Lee Alternative School
The Upson-Lee Alternative Education Program provides alternative school services for students in grades 6 through 12. The program targets students who are chronic offenders in regards to school policies and who display disruptive, rebellious, and/or aggressive behaviors; students who violate school board policies and students who return to school from YDC, RYDC, or other court ordered placements. (Descriptor Code: JDDA-R 0) The school combines educational and social support systems to create a learning environment in which the student needs are met. Students receive grades from the Odysseyware Instructional Program, as well as those from teacher assignments.
Coronavirus Information for TU Stakeholders
March 3, 2020
On Monday, March 2, Governor Brian Kemp confirmed the first two cases of coronavirus within the state of Georgia. The Thomaston-Upson School System continues to be vigilant and proactive in our efforts to keep students and staff safe at school. We are closely monitoring information from the Georgia Department of Public Health (GA DPH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak that originated in China, and we want to remind you of CDC recommendations for protection against viral infections:
- Staff and students should stay home when sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
Additional information is available at the Georgia Department of Public Health. Thank you for your support and for helping to keep our schools safe.