School Social Worker
Mrs. Geana Ellington
TU System Social Worker
205 Civic Center Drive
Assists TU Students and Families, by:
- Home-School-Community Liaison
- Home visits and truancy intervention
- Social-Emotional & Behavioral Assessment Direct services (individual/group therapeutic services, social and emotional learning)
- Consultation for Behavior Intervention Plans
- Interviews families to assess problems affecting a child's education.
- Works with families to alleviate family stress for the child to function more effectively in school.
Provides Support to Thomaston-Upson School System, by:
- Works collaboratively with all Thomaston-Upson schools to create attendance matrices and procedures that meet the district and state policy.
- Identifies and reports child abuse and neglect.
- Provides schools with information regarding substance abuse programs, teen violence, and teen pregnancy.
Serves As A School-Community Liaison, by:
- Obtaining and coordinating community resources to meet students' needs.
- Helps Thomaston-Upson schools receive support from outside social and mental health agencies to support student needs.
- Coordinates wrap-around services to support student needs.
- Serves as a member of the Upson Collaborative team, CHINS team, FINS team, and LIPT team.