Enrolling in T-U Schools

Online Registration for New or Returning from Another District

Infinite Campus Online Registration Information

  • Parents who have children new to the Thomaston-Upson School District or are returning after having left the district can use the "New Student" Infinite Campus Online Registration Link to register. After completing the online registration application, bring all the required documentation listed below to the Thomaston-Upson Central Registration (located at 300 Adams Street). 
  • Parents who have children currently enrolled in the Thomaston-Upson School District should use their Campus Parent account to add any new student enrollments. 


For More Information About Online Registration, Please Click Here

Online Registration User Guide for New Families:  Online Registration for New Students.pdf

Online Registration/Information Update User Guide for Existing TU Families:  Online Registration for Current Students.pdf

Online Registration Document Upload "How To":  Directions for Uploading Documents.pdf

Central Registration Information:  Central Registration Information 

Online Registration for Current Thomaston-Upson Students and Parents

Student Enrollment

When Can You Enroll in Thomaston-Upson School System?

During regular business hours, registration can be completed at the Thomaston-Upson Central Registration site, if you choose to do so in person. If you would like to register your new student online, you may do so by using the Infinite Campus Online Registration tool. Should you need assistance or have questions during the enrollment process, please contact the central registrar (706-646-9398). 

What Do you Need For Enrollment?

Families that are unable to obtain the required immunization, and/or screening documents due to the COVID-19 situation will be given additional time to obtain those documents but should go ahead and begin the online registration process.

  • Verification of Age. The school will accept any of the following as allowable evidence establishing a student’s date of birth:
    • A certified copy of a birth certificate; certified hospital-issued birth record or birth certificate;
    • A military ID;
    • A valid driver’s license;
    • A passport;
    • An adoption record;
    • A religious record signed by an authorized religious official;
    • A green card or pink card;
    • A Federal I-94 card and hospital record of live birth.
    • An official school transcript; or
    • If none of these items can be produced, an affidavit of age sworn to by the parent, guardian or other person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed practicing physician, which states that the physician has examined the child believes that the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.
  • An Official Birth Certificate. 


  • Proof of Residency. The documents should include the name of the parent or guardian enrolling the student (or the name of the emancipated minor) and a street address. The person enrolling the student should provide a current utility bill and any one of the following items.
    • Current lease/rental agreement;
    • Current vehicle registration form;
    • Letter from a shelter;
    • Letter from an employer if the employer provides housing;
    • Current mortgage document;
    • Current real property assessment;
    • Current Peachcare eligibility documents
    • Current home purchase agreement;
    • Current residential property tax statement or bill;
    • Current homeowner’s insurance policy;
    • Most recent income tax return;
    • Current paycheck stub;
    • Current Medicaid card;
    • Third-person affidavit of residency (notarized affidavit shall be completed and signed by parent, guardian or another person, as well as the legal owner or lessor of the property where the student and the parent, guardian, or other person reside); or
    • Current homeowner’s insurance policy.
  • A Georgia Certificate of Immunization. By state law, a valid certificate of immunization or a notarized Affidavit of Religious Exemption is required for enrollment. The certificate of immunization must be completed by the health department or your healthcare provider. 


  • Evidence of Vision, Hearing, and Dental Certificate. This information should be on a current Georgia Form #3300 (rev. 2013), available from the health department or your physician and dentist, and dated within the last 12 months. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-of-state certificates are acceptable if completed within the last 12 months, and stapled to the state form.


  • Proof of Authorized Person to Enroll. The following people are authorized to enroll students: parent (natural or adoptive), legal guardian, a grandparent with a properly executed power of attorney for the care of a minor child, kinship caregiver with a properly executed Kinship Caregiver Affidavit, or foster parent appointed by a state agency.


  • A Photo ID. The person enrolling a student should provide proper identification. This identification may include a driver’s license, a state identification card, a passport, or other official photo identification, such as an ID card obtained through an official government agency or consulate. 


  • The Child’s Social Security Number. State law requires that schools ask for this number at the time of enrollment. Students will be enrolled, even if the number is not provided. However, parents will be asked to sign a waiver if the child does not have a social security number after 30 days. A copy of the SSN waiver is available here:  Social Security Number Waiver Form 


Age Requirements Pertaining to Enrollment:

  • Students enrolling in the Pre-K program must be four years of age on or before September 1 of the current academic year.
  • Students enrolling in the Kindergarten program must be five years of age on or before September 1 of the current academic year.
  • Students enrolling in the first grade must be six years of age on or before September 1 of the current academic year.  

The Exception to Age Requirement for Out-of-State and Out-of-Country Transfer Students

Kindergarten and first-grade students moving into Georgia who turns five or six respectively between September 2 and December 31 may be enrolled in kindergarten or first grade if they have been residing out of the state for at least two years immediately prior to moving to Georgia and if they have been legally enrolled in a public kindergarten or first grade accredited by a state or regional association or the equivalent. The parents of any child seeking to enroll as an underage, out-of-state or out-of-country transfer must provide the Office of Student Assignment with satisfactory evidence of the child's residence and enrollment in kindergarten or first grade in another state or country.